Wednesday 4 February 2015

My own enemy


Chapter/Capitulo 6

I'm my own enemy: The strongest one, the one who knows me the most, who knows where to attack and how to hide, who doesn't care about justifications or 'buts', no mysteries or secrets. My enemy knows to keep my feet on the ground and even dig me in it, he knows he has my full attention and full control over every thought that ends up translating into clumsy and irrational acts. 
He knows how to confuse my words or leave me blank, with no way to fight back. I'm ruthless, and in the midst of the chaos,  I'm just looking for a way to ignore it.

Soy mi propio enemigo: El más fuerte, el que mejor me conoce, el que sabe dónde atacar y cómo esconderse, al que no le valen justificaciones ni peros, ni misterios ni secretos. Mi enemigo sabe mantenerme con los pies en la tierra e incluso cavarme en ella, sabe que tiene toda mi atención y todo el control sobre cada pensamiento que se acaba traduciendo en actos torpes e irracionales.  Sabe cómo confundir mis palabras o dejarme en blanco, sin manera de poder contraatacar. Me despiada y en mitad del caos, solo busco la manera de ignorarlo.